This is a follow up to the “He’s Just Not That Into You” post. Yes, you should know when he isn’t really interested, but you should also know when he is sincerely interested. You may be thinking, “That’s easy,” but not for all women. Sometimes, we get so used to dealing with minimally-interested men that we don’t even understand the words and actions of men who are more serious.
If your significant other…
- wants to be around you and finds ways to work you into his schedule no matter how busy
- calls you for reasons other than, “Hey, can I…uh…come over?” (hint, hint)
- seems like he really wants to take care of you, not in a “sugar daddy” kind of way, but in a “I really care about you and want to make sure you’re okay” kind of way
- makes it clear that he’s not just after you body
- wants to introduce you to his friends and family
- want to do things that you want to do, just to be around you. “You want to watch a marathon of “The Game?” Ok, boo, but only because it’s you.”
- talks to you about what’s going on in his life
- puts distance between himself and his ex’s and makes sure they know it is so over and that he has moved on
- always lets you know where he is and always takes your calls. If he misses your call, he’ll let you know why and it will be a legitimate reason
- doesn’t use the fact that he’s mad at you as an excuse to speak to you disrespectfully or to “revisit” old flames.
- holds you accountable when you’re wrong, not because he wants to start a fight, but because he wants to help you improve your flaws (and vise versa)
- takes an interest in you life (family, friends, career, hobbies)
- doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable when around other women when you’re out in public
- doesn’t let his friends talk about you in a disrespectful way
- always acts like he’s in a committed relationship, even when you aren’t around
- is always upfront about his past, so you never have to hear anything on the street
- never involves you in drama (ex. has random women calling your phone)
- never makes you wonder about what you mean to him and where he wants the relationship to go
- is supportive of your goals
- never criticizes your body (and hates if you do)
… then he really is into you. This guy may seem weird if you’re not used to this kind of man, but in this case, weird is good. This is the type of normal you should get used to.